Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Life of the Polar Bear Part 4

Me and my wife, Marjorine, walked together back to our cave. Marjorine fixed up some nice fish stick for up to eat, and after that we both settled in to go to sleep.
At 1:42 in the morning, Marjorine looks over at me and says, "honey, I can not sleep."
"Well just read for a little bit and try to go to sleep," I said.
"No, i have to much on my mind," she said.
"whats the matter?" I asked.
"Well, when I was out hunting today, I could hardly find any fish or seals. I am just a little worried that we might run out of fish someday."
"Do not be ridiculous. There are lots of sea creatures just waiting for you to go out and catch them."
"Your right, I should not be worried about anything."
We both went back to sleep.

The next morning was just swell. It was a Saturday, I did not have to go to work, and i could spend the day with my lovely wife Marjorine, but then i read the newspaper. On the front page of the Arctic Bear Time's, were large letters saying, "Are Fish Becoming Extinct???"
I read on, " A recent study shows that our worst fear has finally come into affect. Our food source is running low. The reason you ask, is because the amount of fish the humans have to eat. Humans, as we found out recently, unfortunately eat the same fish that we eat. The humans have ways to catch hundreds of fish at a time. This is quickly decreasing the amount of fish in the ocean, to the point that in about 42 years, all the fish in the ocean could be gone. Also, you might want to cut back on some of the fish you eat, they could be poisoned from the pollution from those boats you have been seeing lately. If something does not change soon, our species could be wiped out altogether."

http://www.scintillatingscience.com/content/view/31/9

4 comments:

Siddharth said...

we should all stop eating fish because we have a lot of other food but fish is very important for you and your wife

Skii said...

Brother I have to agree I mean fish is so good and when i was at the artic station I could not find any fish. Keep up the blog to show the selfish humans what they do.

amanda said...

Upsetting. What could humans do to help stop overfishing? As a sea otter I have no idea that the fish were going extinct.But it would be useful to know how to prevent the extinction of fish. Also I know a few humans and they are not all selfish.

Skii said...

Brother I have to agree I mean fish is so good and when I was at the arctic station I could not find any fish. You should talk about what polar bears have to do to get the food they need. keep up the blog to show the selfish humans what they do.