Friday, May 30, 2008

The Life of the Bears Part 18

After I read the letter, I quickly ran home to tell my wife about this news. My house felt about five times as far as it actually is, because I was so worried about what might happen if this letter was true. I finally got home only to find my wife sitting out by the porch waiting for me.
"Marjorine, there was a letter from the Polar Bear Emperor that," but she cut me off before I could finish. "I already know Robert. They told us on the radio," with a worried tone in her voice. I did not even have to ask her how she felt about this issue, I could see how she felt by looking into her eyes. She was worried and I did not blame her, I was worried to.
"Well, what should we do?" she said. "What can we do, just two polar bears can not change the decision of the Emperor." I said. "Yeah, but a lot can. People are already starting to protest that the Emperor should not take action." she said.
She had a point, if enough polar bears protested against the Emperor, he might change his decision. But, why would the Emperor want to take action. Our race has been peaceful for hundreds of years, its had to believe that we might take action.
About three days after the letter came out, most of the polar bears were outside the Polar Bear Emperor's house protesting. Some held up signs that said, "We are not a violent race!" and "We will not be blamed for this." All the polar bears were also screaming, "We do not support your decision!" Even though none of us knew what the Polar Bear Emperor's decision is, we know that it will not be a peaceful one.
I was not protesting. I was watching the protesters on the TV. Marjorine was in the other room making signs so we could protest. We planned to go out and protest after Marjorine was done making the signs. She walked into the room and said, "How about you help me make some of these signs?" "I can no, I am watching what is happening with the protesting." I said. "I just wanted a little help." she said. "Will you stop nagging!" I said. "Why are you being such a jerk?!?" she said. "I am sorry, I am just a little bit frazzled about this issue, I am sorry."

No comments: