Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Life of the Bear Part 15

So once again, I walked to the Science Center. I started to get a little bored with our subject of what humans know about polar bears. But part of my responsibility as a polar bear, is to help as much as possible. so I went to my computer. After about a hour and a half of reading stuff, all I found was that humans are putting chemicals into the air that are damaging immune systems, but we all kind of new about that. But the rest was just more stuff I all ready knew about. An announcement was made.
"We have discovered a new fact about humans and their impact on us polar bears. We want you to all look us the words 'polar bear hunting,' and see what you find. No one is to look up anything else besides polar bear hunting."
I have never heard of polar bear hunting. We hunt fish but I did not know that we polar bears were being hunted to.
When I looked it up, what I found was frightening.It said that Hunting is the biggest threat to the polar bears. I found this almost unreal because of how bad global warming is. Annually, 700 polar bears are killed, which prevents our population from growing. Polar bear hunting is only allowed in a land called Canada, but 60% of polar bears live in Canada. Some people travel to Canada from different parts of the world just so they can kill us off. The humans think that our dead bodies are like trophies. Thankfully some of the humans are on our side. Some human are trying to stop people from being able to transport our dead bodies to their home land. Maybe this will prevent people from coming into Canada to hunt us.

http://www.stoppolarbearhunting.com/
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/432024587
http://www.hsus.org/hunt/news/pr/polar_bear_listed_threatened_species_051408.html

1 comment:

amanda said...

finally someone figures out that not all humans are bad