Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Life of the Bear Part 3

These boats coming into our land and taking all of our fish did not suit well with the bear emperor. He was about to send an untrained army of polar bears to destroy the boats, and he would have if our race was not so peaceful. Although, after further inspection of the boats, our top scientists concluded that it was impenetrable.
I have only seen a boat once in my life. I saw it one day when I was walking to meet my wife Majorine. She is assigned as a hunter bear. Bears are assigned different jobs depending on their level of intellect. Because I have always bear on a high level of intellect, I was assigned as a teacher bear. Rumor has it that the hunter bears are are on the lowest level of intellect, but my wife is not as dumb as some of those other hunter bears I have seen.
So anyways, after a long day of work, I walked to the entrance to the underground caverns to meet my wife so I could walk her home when she came back from work. The hunter bears are usually the ones that get back to the caverns last, so I got myself ready for a long wait.
After about a half hour of waiting, I looked out into the ocean and saw it. A huge grey and black boat. I started to walk towards it, but it was miles off. Even if I walked to the very edge of the ice, I still would not have gotten a good view of it. In a matter of minutes it was gone. Even though it was miles off, it was the most frightening thing I had ever seen.

No comments: