Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Life of the Bear Part 9

I started to walk home after a long day of researching on global warming. The walk from the Science Center to my house was about an hour, and throughout that hour, all I could think about was why we have to suffer for the selfishness of another race.

When I finally got back to my home, my mailbox had a letter from my penguin friend.

"Hello Robert,

I just wanted to check in to see how you were doing. Our society is having trouble with global warming and the amount of fish in the ocean. I haven't eaten in a long time, we have to cut back on the food we eat and I am sure your doing the same thing. I just wanted to know that you are safe and I wish you the best of luck in this time of crisis.

From your good friend the Penguins."

(To visit Penguin's blog, go to http://www.maxreiner.blogspot.com/)


The letter made me feel sad for the fact that many creatures are suffering from this problem. In Antarctica, Where my friend of living, the ice is melting five times faster than anywhere else on the earth. Some of the ice is breaking off which results in the penguins having to walk more mile than they should to get food. They sometimes get trapped on icebergs that have broken off. The heat also kills some of the fish that the penguins eat. The penguins are not becoming extinct yet because of the amount of them still left, but if the situation stays how it is. the penguin population will become extinct.

No comments: